Eurocopterâ€™s participation at the 2011 Dubai Airshow will underscore its market leadership in the Middle East with a competitive, capable helicopter product line, as well as the companyâ€™s dedication to a continued local presence through partnerships and cooperation.
With more than 600 rotary-wing aircraft currently in service throughout the Middle East, Eurocopter helicopters are performing a full range of missions in daily service, from homeland defense and security to law enforcement, VIP transport, utility and offshore airlift for the oil and gas industry.
â€œIn a region where loyalty and confidence are important qualities, Eurocopter will build on its proven relationship of more than 30 years with governmental, military, parapublic and civilian operators throughout the region,â€ explained Xavier Hay, the Eurocopter Vice-President for Middle East and Africa. â€œAs part of our long-term commitment to this market, Eurocopter also stands ready to broaden its strategy of cooperation and teaming with partners for helicopter fleet modernization, overhaul and maintenance â€“ which today includes the Helicopter Field Service International affiliate in Saudi Arabia and a maintenance center in Abu Dhabi with Falcon Aviation Services.â€
Eurocopter will exhibit five helicopters at the Dubai Airshow during this biennial event held November 13-17, highlighting the companyâ€™s product line that meets current and future market needs in the region: the NH90, EC725, EC175, EC145 T2, and AS350 B3. The NH90 and EC725 respond to the Middle Eastâ€™s evolving requirements for state-of-the-art helicopters in maritime surveillance, anti-piracy, security, search and rescue, border patrol and transport duties. Along with the AS565 Panther, these rotary-wing aircraft provide a mission-ready family for the full range of operational scenarios in the market.
Eurocopterâ€™s EC175 is the worldâ€™s newest medium twin-engine helicopter, designed from the start for demanding airlift missions in support of the offshore oil and gas industry. As the roomiest, safest and most comfortable rotary-wing aircraft in its class, deliveries of the EC175 are to begin to international customers at the end of 2012.
The EC145 T2 is Eurocopterâ€™s evolved version of the popular twin-engine EC145, incorporating new Arriel 2E engines, along with the companyâ€™s Fenestron shrouded tail rotor, upgraded main and tail rotor gear boxes, new digital avionics suite and a 4-axis autopilot. It is tailored for the Middle Eastâ€™s emerging needs in law enforcement, border surveillance, medical airlift and other missions.
Also included in Eurocopterâ€™s static display at the Dubai Airshow will be an AS350 B3 operated by helidubai, which is equipped for such multi-role operations as filming, emergency medical airlift, scenic flights and VIP transport. It is one of three AS350 B3s operated by this premium provider of helicopter services in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. As part of the AS350 B3â€™s participation in the Dubai Airshow, an aerial tour movie of Dubai filmed by helidubai at day and night will be screened on the Eurocopter exhibit stand.
Eurocopter will be exhibiting in West Hall at stand W860 and at Eads static exhibition.
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- NHV’s H175 fleet reaches 10,000 flight hours
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting
- New era on North Sea as oil company buys two H175s
- NHV wins UK-based H175 contract with Ithaca Energy
- Airbus launches H175 flight-test campaign