Helicopters, Inc, has selected and implemented Component Control’s Quantum Control MRO and Logistics Software solution to manage its nationwide base of service facilities in support of their fleet of news-gathering helicopters.
With major hubs in St. Louis, Atlanta, Miami, New York and San Francisco, and regional support throughout the United States, Helicopters, Inc. was looking for a system that handled GL, AP, AR, Purchase Orders, Inventory, Work Orders and Fixed Assets for any customer, from any location. Quantum Control replaced their basic accounting software with a very robust business-operations solutions that integrates all of Helicopter, Inc.â€™s data â€“ from customer details, to inventory availability and invoicing â€“ enabling them to focus more energy on their core business. â€œIt was critical that our new solution enable cost accounting by helicopter, or tail number, so that we have clear financial and business visibility into each asset,â€ said Dan McFarlane, Accounting Manager, Helicopters, Inc. â€œThis helps us run our business more efficiently and cost effectively.â€
The Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution chosen by Helicopters, Inc., manages their 34 facilities across the U.S. sharing data simultaneously from a highly scalable and secure Oracle TM database and includes the following modules: Shop Control, for managing the complete component and assembly repair and overhaul process; integrated Accounting and Document Imaging; Aircraft Services for integrated quoting, work package generation, job card management, labor recording, consumables management, rotable exchanges, shop services, vendor services, cost and profit management, and invoicing; Fixed Asset module to track and depreciate assets, flagging master parts inside traditional master part and stock tables; and StockMarket, an integrated supply chain tool that allows your company to automatically post real-time updates of selected inventory and capabilities to StockMarket.aero, receive RFQ’s and send quotes, and enable customers to search for a single item or group of items and send RFQ’s electronically without leaving the application. Quantum automatically adds the Vendor’s or Customer’s information into the company directory while simultaneously recording the transaction.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is the leading developer and provider of MRO and Logistics Software solutions for the aviation industry. Its core product, Quantum Control, provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution/redistribution companies. Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and can be deployed as a single-site or multinational solution.
About Helicopters, Inc.
Helicopters Inc. specializes in the design/build and leasing of news gathering helicopters for television and radio stations nationwide. We utilize the latest in aerial electronic news gathering technology, supported by the finest aircraft and equipment available. Strong, measured growth backed by a constant focus on safety and reliability has earned us the leading position in the Electronic News Gathering community.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software