The Helicopter Foundation International is pleased to accept applications for the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship â€“ a scholarship specifically geared to students who are enrolled in a FAA Part 147 school (or its international equivalent) and plan to become certified helicopter maintenance technicians. Up to six winners will be selected from all qualified applicants, and they will be invited to join us at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas, Texas.
Time is running outÂ â€“ the deadline is Nov. 30!
In addition to receiving up to $2,500 towards tuition expenses, the scholarship provides a full registration for two to HELI-EXPO 2012, a complimentary one-year HAI membership for the winners, and dinner for two at the Salute to Excellence Awards dinner, courtesy of Helicopter Association International.
HFIâ€™s Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship will only be awarded to candidates pursuing an Airframe (A), Powerplant (P) or both Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license or international equivalent. A primary determinant will be evidence of the applicantâ€™s interest and determination to work in the helicopter industry.
For an application or more information about the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship, please visitÂ www.helicopterfoundation.com orwww.rotor.com. An electronic form of the application is preferred. Please email toÂ [email protected]. Neatness, completeness and accuracy do count. Additional pages requested must be supplied. The winners are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations at HELI-EXPO 2012.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to the foundationâ€™s vice president/curator, Marty Pociask atÂ [email protected] or 703-683-4646.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center