AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that JSC Euro-Asia Air of Kazakhstan has ordered two additional AW139 medium twin helicopters. These offshore configured AW139s will be used to perform transport operations in Kazakhstan’s section of the Caspian Sea.
One of the two aircraft will be provided with the Full Ice Protection System (FIPS) allowing flights into known icing conditions. The FIPS will enable all weather operations, when other types would be confined to the hangar. This latest order from JSC Euro-Asia Air, a leading operator in Kazakhstan, marks a further expansion of the AW139 fleet in Kazakhstanâ€™s commercial helicopter market where the customer already operates four AW139s. A total of five AW139s are currently in service in Kazakhstan.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said â€œWe are very pleased to have signed this contract for two additional helicopters with Kazakhstanâ€™s leading helicopter company. With four aircraft already in service this order highlights the customerâ€™s satisfaction with the AW139 and its ability to accomplish the mission with unequalled effectiveness in some of the most demanding operational conditionsâ€.
With the largest cabin in its class and modular equipment packages the AW139 can be easily and quickly converted to and from various configurations. The AW139 has the best performance in its weight class in all operating conditions and with its power reserve delivers Category A (Class 1) superior performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight. Excellent payload and performance ensure unmatched productivity for offshore operations. Energy-absorbing landing gear, fuselage and seats as well as high main and tail rotor ground clearance provide added safety for the passengers and maintenance teams whilst on the ground. Almost 580 AW139 helicopters have been ordered so far by nearly 160 customers in over 50 countries to perform various roles including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, utility and government roles.
JSC â€œEuro-Asia Airâ€ is a 100% state-owned company which stock of shares belonging to JSC NC â€œKazMunayGasâ€, Kazakhstan. It has a branch network equipped with air-technical bases, hangars, spare parts storage and ground equipment, where more than 400 highly qualified employees work. Currently JSC â€œEuro-Asia Airâ€ operates four AW139 helicopters for flights to offshore rigs and islands for foreign oil companies.
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations