Tanis Aircraft Products has released a new video outlining the safety benefits of helicopter preheat. Tanis is the technology and innovation leader in aircraft preheat systems, including state of the art systems designed specifically for rotary wing aircraft. The new video highlights the functionality and features of the companyâ€™s helicopter preheat systems. Tanis preheat technology allows an operator to preheat critical driveline components and fluid reservoirs prior to flight.
The video was first presented at the International Helicopter Safety Symposium (IHSS) in Fort Worth, Texas, on November 9. Following the video presentation, a number of delegates took the time to express support for Tanis preheat technology. One cold climate operator commented, â€œI have Tanis preheat systems on all of my helicopters. For my fleet it is simply the best winter safety practice that money can buy.â€ Another participant opined, â€œI was not aware that such a system existed. Weâ€™ve tried portable heaters at our remote sites and they are cumbersome to transport and fickle to operate. The Tanis system looks like the real deal, transportable, reliable and best of all safe.â€
The short two-minute video identifies wintertime hazards affecting the safe operation of rotary-wing aircraft relating to fluids, critical driveline components and battery efficiency. Tanis advocates the use of preheat systems prior to engine start to ensure a safer, more predictable winter launch with all gauges in the green. With the installation of a Tanis preheat system, the message concludes, helicopter operators can optimize launch times and minimize safety worries concerning critical in-flight components and fluids.
Operators in cold climates have known for years that preheating is a winter season best practice and is mandated by both engine manufacturers and certain government jurisdictions. Selecting a proper preheat system enhances operational safety and saves on operational costs, enhances scheduling and decreases downtime during winter operations.
About the IHST
IHSS, sponsored by the International Helicopter Safety Team, is an annual gathering of global aviation related government agencies, manufacturers, operators and others who are vitally committed to reducing worldwide helicopter accidents by 80-percent during the period 2006â€“2016. IHST welcomes all volunteers with a helicopter safety perspective to help them achieve this worthy safety goal by 2016.
For over 37 years, Tanis has been the technology and innovation leader in aircraft preheat systems. Tanis supports the aviation industry with technology and products that make winter flying safer.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid