This week Gateway Canyons resort has added its first Eurocopter AS350B3 helicopter and is now offering rotary-wing tours of the Grand Canyon in addition to the fixed wing service it already operated.
The company is operating from a hangar at Grand Junction Regional Airport and has operating test/demo tours of the McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area.Â Early in 2012, Gateway Canyons hopes to begin offering helicopter tours of western Colorado and eastern Utah – FAA approvals are expected around Christmas.
Operating as Gateway Canyons Air Tours LLC, the new helicopter is registered N301GC and serial 7068.Â Observation of the FAA register website indicates that they have also reserved the registrations N302GC throughÂ N309GC, which leads us to belive they have expansion plans to potentially nine aircraft at this time.
William P Johnson – HeliHub.com Washington correspondent
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot