This week Gateway Canyons resort has added its first Eurocopter AS350B3 helicopter and is now offering rotary-wing tours of the Grand Canyon in addition to the fixed wing service it already operated.
The company is operating from a hangar at Grand Junction Regional Airport and has operating test/demo tours of the McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area.Â Early in 2012, Gateway Canyons hopes to begin offering helicopter tours of western Colorado and eastern Utah – FAA approvals are expected around Christmas.
Operating as Gateway Canyons Air Tours LLC, the new helicopter is registered N301GC and serial 7068.Â Observation of the FAA register website indicates that they have also reserved the registrations N302GC throughÂ N309GC, which leads us to belive they have expansion plans to potentially nine aircraft at this time.
William P Johnson – HeliHub.com Washington correspondent
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit