Wysong Enterprises, Inc., (Wysong) announced today that they delivered the third of four refurbished MD500D helicopters toÂ AIR2, LLC (AIR2). The refurbishment work included rewiring the entire airframe, installation of a new avionics package, sheet metal repairs including panel replacement, window replacement, and custom painting of the interior and exterior of the aircraft.
â€œThis is the second set of aircraft we have worked on for Air2,â€ said Vice President of Wysong Enterprises, Inc., Rodney Wysong.Â Â â€œWe appreciate AIR2 giving us the opportunity to equip their helicopters.â€
AIR 2, LLC is a national, helicopter assisted power transmission line contractor. AIR2 airborne crews deliver customer focused power line services utilizing the MD500 helicopter to maximize productivity while virtually eliminating costly and bothersome right-of-way issues. AIR2 management brings together over 100 years of combined working experience in providing premier construction, maintenance and inspection services to North American utility companies.
Jonathon Sole is the Vice President of Operations for AIR2.Â â€œWysong did an exceptional job on the first completion project we gave them,â€ said Sole.Â â€œThe quality of their work, knowledge of employees about the system, and craftsmanship is top notch. They deliver on time and on budget.â€
Wysongâ€™s ability to perform the entire repair and overhaul work under one roof also was a factor for Air2â€™s decisions. â€œBecause Wysong can have everything inside and out repaired at one location it helps reduce downtime for our fleet,â€ added Sole.
â€œOur goal beyond servicing the needs of our clients is to maximize their resources.Â By completely rewiring the aircraft, installing new equipment and other upgrades, we extend the life of an aircraft for our customers.Â This equates to less down time, improved efficiency, and a reliable aircraft that our customers can depend on,â€ said Wysong.
Wysong anticipates delivering the fourth MD500D to AIR2 by the end of February 2012.
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light