Associated Aircraft Group (AAG), the nationâ€™s premier executive helicopter company, has again passed the industryâ€™s most rigorous safety audit and retained its designation as a Wyvern Standard approved helicopter operator. The safety audit was completed in October. AAG is a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., which is part of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Wyvern has been the global leader in aviation safety auditing since 1991, conducting the helicopter industryâ€™s most stringent safety audits for corporate flight departments, fractional operators and charter helicopter companies. Wyvern Standard Operators like AAG adhere to safety practices that far exceed government regulations for safe flight.
â€œBy being audited against The Wyvern Standard, an operator can prove to their client base that they adhere to a stricter safety practice and provide tangible evidence that each flight is safe through a Wyvern Pass Report,â€ according to Wyvern.
â€œThrough its more than two decades of operation, AAG has demonstrated an unparalleled passion for safety and service; itâ€™s at the heart of our culture,â€ said AAG President Scott Ashton. â€œWeâ€™re very pleased to again earn the industryâ€™s recognition for providing AAG travelers with the industryâ€™s very highest safety practices.â€
AAG has more than 20 years of experience providing helicopter and fixed wing charter flights, fractional ownership and helicopter maintenance services from its New York and Philadelphia installations. It is the only executive helicopter company to own and operate its own Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 145 maintenance facility and is a Sikorsky Certified Repair Center. AAG has the Northeastâ€™s largest fleet of S-76 executive aircraft. The companyâ€™s principal flight operations and repair services are housed in more than 100,000 square feet of hangar space at the Dutchess County Airport, a short flight from its Manhattan heliports.
The company recently announced the addition of Eclipse Jet charter service to provide AAG clients with both fixed and rotary wing options to precisely service their travel needs and to expand the companyâ€™s service area by 1,125 nautical miles from metro New York. The jet flies at a maximum speed of 430 miles-per-hour with a ceiling of 41,000 feet. The Eclipse utilizes state-of-the-art avionics and can access more than 6,000 airports across the country.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock