We need help today in raising money to fund our scholarships. Currently, our largest scholarship being offered is $10,000. Sure, we could offer smaller scholarships that only cover a portion of training so that we would be able to offer more scholarships…but that’s not what The Doug Doty Vertical Flight Foundation is about.
A focus on training. This is one of the things that we strive to give to our helicopter pilots. We want them to be able to get up in the air and learn the skills that will take them to the next level. That is what we want their focus to be when they win one of our scholarships. This is why our scholarships cover the entire cost of the training. I believe that part of their success lies in being able to focus strictly on training – which leads to their success as a helicopter pilot.
This past week, I had a family member that was transported by Life Flight from a small town with inadequate facilities that would have struggled to save his life, if kept there. Instead, he was transported to a larger town, larger hospital and one that had the capabilities to help save his life. Part of this equation was Life Flight transporting him safely to a hospital that could meet his needs. Part of this equation was the helicopter pilot that had the necessary skills, training and focused attention to do his job safely and effectively. Not only transporting this patient that was critical but safely transporting the entire Life Flight team.
This person, this pilot, made a difference in my life and they could make a difference in yours someday too.
The Doug Doty Vertical Flight Foundation can be a part of this difference, with your help. The success story of this Life Flight pilot could include us one day – we want to be part of someone’s success such as this. We want to provide the necessary training to a worthy and capable pilot in order to help them succeed and make a difference in other people’s lives.
Doug was part of many peoples’ success during his short life. This foundation is carrying on his dedication and his passion to help those around him – be it in the pilot seat or in life.
Help to carry this on – be a part of someone’s success.
Help us to reach our success of $5,000 by the end of the year by going to verticalflight.org and making your contribution today.
Jesika M. Doty
The Doug Doty Vertical Flight Foundation
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR SCHOLARSHIPS AND THE FOUNDATION, PLEASE GO TOÂ WWW.VERTICALFLIGHT.ORGÂ OR CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit