In the city of Puerto VarasÂ has beenÂ installed an emergency helicopterÂ operations center forÂ southern Chile. At the base,Â a Bell 212 helicopter will operate, equipped with a mobile ICU and medical equipment for the patient to receive the first care, stabilization in the accident site and care during transport to hospital.
“The use of helicopters to evacuate critically ill patients is crucial and can make the difference between life and death. The golden hour,Â that isÂ the first minutes after an accident is when the patient should be treated by trained medical personnel so they can qualify for a more rapid recovery, minimizing the potential consequences and even death”, said the Managing Director of INAER Chile, Rodrigo Lizasoain.
The area is one of the most complex of the Chilean territory in terms of its geographical conditions, highlighted by its difficult access areas like Palena, Futaleufu and Chaiten and the islands of Chiloe in the south, to which this modern aeromedical emergency services can access without complications. During the summer season increases considerably the number of traffic accidents in the area of ??the southern lakes, places where the helicopter can quickly access, making it the most efficient means to attend a medical emergency.
- 27-Jan-21 CC-ATY Bell 212 Olivar, Chile
- Boost introduces Bell 212/412 Dual Hook Human External Cargo System
- 04-Nov-20 ARC223 Bell UH-1N Guaymaral, Columbia
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- 10-Aug-20 (serial tba) Bell UH-1N Middleburg, US-Virginia
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Alpine Aerotech Receives FAA and EASA STC for Bell 212 Digital Instruments
- AeroBrigham Showcases Vintage Bell 212 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Alpine Aerotech Develops Digital Flight Instrument Solution
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Eagle Copters Selects Caution Panel for B212 NVG Upgrade
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC