Enstrom Helicopter Corporation recently shipped four new 480B turbine helicopters to Thailand. The helicopters are part of a program for 16 training/utility helicopters for the Royal Thai Army. Enstrom has already delivered six helicopters, and these have entered service for the RTA.
â€œThis is an exciting time for Enstrom,â€ said Enstromâ€™s President & CEO, Jerry Mullins. â€œAlthough weâ€™ve fulfilled orders for larger numbers of aircraft before, this shipment of four highly advanced 480Bs represents the single biggest shipment, dollar-wise, in Enstromâ€™s history. Itâ€™s a testament to the increase in capability and growth of the company.â€
The 480Bs are being used by the RTA for pilot training, as well as utility missions. During the recent flooding in Thailand the new 480Bs were put to work for disaster relief efforts in the beleaguered city of Bangkok. â€œOur employees took great pride in the news that our helicopters were assisting the people of Thailand and making a difference,â€ said Mullins. â€œThatâ€™s why we build them.â€
The latest shipment of 480Bs will arrive in Thailand in January and the remaining six aircraft are scheduled to ship the first quarter of 2012.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Thailand by M-Landarch Inc.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces a specialized variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel.
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- Czech Republic – DSA adds Enstrom 480 to fleet