Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today it has delivered the first Bell 429 with a multi-mission configuration to Fairfax County, Virginia.
This is the first of two Bell 429s being delivered to Fairfax County. Their second Bell 429 is expected to deliver in the second quarter of 2012.
This multi-role Bell 429 is capable of completing missions for airborne law enforcement, helicopter emergency medical services and search and rescue. This one-of-a-kind, multi-mission configuration was completed at Paradigm Aerospace Corporation, a Bell Helicopter Customer Service Facility, located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
â€œThe Bell 429 has exactly what we were looking for when we searched the market for a true multi-mission helicopter. Its spacious cabin allowed us to be creative in our design,â€ said Paul Schaaf, Chief Pilot for the Fairfax County Police Department.
â€œWe are very pleased with our new Bell 429 and know it will serve us well in the coming years,â€ Schaaf said.
â€œThe Bell 429 was designed for this type of multi-role capability,â€ said Larry Roberts, senior vice president for Bell Helicopterâ€™s Commercial Business.
â€œOur customers like the speed, power and the advanced flight deck technology found in the Bell 429. Along with the largest cabin in its class, it offers a smooth, comfortable ride. It is reliable, conforming to the latest airworthiness standards, and is backed by Bell Helicopterâ€™s award-winning and industry-leading customer service and support,â€ Roberts said.
The Bell 429 is the worldâ€™s newest and most advanced light twin-engine helicopter. It has conducted extensive flight demonstrations in every continent, except Antarctica, and has been certified in more than 40 countries. With configuration options ranging from VIP to air-medical, law enforcement, utility and oil & gas, the Bell 429 offers superior mission capability and adaptability.
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery