Canmore Council has approved a new 10-year lease on the heliport with Alpine Helicopters, the current tenant.Â Originally presented as a 25-year lease, the Council decided that planning ahead 10 years was sufficient and offered that term to Alpine with very few other changes of terms.
The lease establishes a heliport monitoring committee and a new schedule of conduct has been created to define Alpineâ€™s reponsibilities in three particular areas and specifies flight paths.
Alpine has been paying Can$84,245 a year in rent for the last ten years.Â A professional appraisal indicated the rent should be $126,500, an increase of just over 50%.Â Following a series of negotiations, the agreed new rent (based on a 30.5% consumer price index increase since 1999) will be $109,940 plus annual increases based on inflation.
William P Johnson – HeliHub.com Washington correspondent
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan