20-Dec-2011 Source: FedBizOpps
The Army Contracting Command – Redstone Arsenal (ACC-RSA) is seeking information to identify potential sources which may possess the expertise, capabilities and experience to meet the requirements for production and delivery of two (2) new Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) rotary wing aircraft to be delivered within an estimated timeframe of 2012-2013. Contractors responding to this market research are placed on notice that participation in this survey may not ensure participation in future solicitations or contract awards. The government does not guarantee that any award will result from this Sources Sought Synopsis. The government will not reimburse participants for any expenses associated with their participation in this survey. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website. It is the responsibility of the potential offerors to monitor these sites for additional information pertaining to this requirement.
1. Below is a description of the Rotary Wing Aircraft and the following minimum requirements.
2. Prospective contractors shall submit electronically Pricing and Availability (P&A) with Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Pricing and a description of the aircraft being offered that supports your company’s capability in meeting this potential requirement. Potential contractors may submit more than one aircraft, but each submittal must be in separate responses.
3. Pricing must be broken out to show price for aircraft, and separately priced optional equipment. This will allow consideration of multiple approaches to meet the FMS country’s needs. The pricing information submitted should be valid for a minimum of six months, but desired 12 months, from date of submission.
4. Both large and small businesses are encouraged to participate in this Market Research.
5. All responses shall be submitted electronically to the Contract Specialist, Ebony Hairston at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1500 EST 13 January 2012.
Aircraft Technical Attributes
The RW Trainer Aircraft must meet all of the requirements below. All equipment must be exportable to the country of Costa Rica.
The multi-role small/medium helicopters shall be able to seat six personnel (including crew) and can be reconfigured to carry at least a single litter for medical evacuation flights. In addition, the aircraft must be single pilot capable, basic avionics, have a rescue hoist and have a minimum service ceiling of 12,500 feet. The aircraft must also be painted to include country specific markings. Optional but desired features include an Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor, Night Vision Goggle (NVG) compatible interior lighting, search light, initial routine maintenance spares with no major end items and pilot training/air crew certification.
The aircraft must be fully certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Any optional equipment must have an approved Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) with no U.S. Army or other military modifications or systems.
The acquisition of these aircraft is highly desired but very limited by budget. The aircraft will be used to support law enforcement, medical evacuation, and VIP transport missions by Costa Rica Government agencies.