The team at HeliHub.com would like to wish all our readers a very Happy Christmas and a financially secure 2012. This is the time of the year we celebrate the birth of Jesus, and we trust many of our readers will take time to consider what that means to the world, perhaps through attending a church service, rather than just stuffing their faces with food and alcohol!
We are sure that our news and accident data coverage through 2011 has been well received, and our increase in page views is testament to this – and we will work hard to continue this through 2012 and beyond.Â We already provide more helicopter industry news stories through out site than any other website (typically 18-25 per day), noting that at least two sites which previously provided many stories are now regularly down in to single figures each day, one of them usually at 5 or below.Â Time to make HeliHub.com your sole source of news!
We particularly think of those in the military who are still “in theatre” through this time of the year and away from their families.Â They do a great job, and will no doubt be sorely missed back at home.Â We salute you.
In past years we have stopped filing news stories altogether through the Christmas and New Year season, but this will not be the case this time.Â There are just too many stories out there for us to report, and life does not stand still.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent