Caverton Helicopters of Nigeria has recently taken delivery of three (3) medium twin Agusta Westland helicopters to be used for offshore transport duties in support of the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria. The helicopters are to be ferried from the Agusta factory in Vergiate, Italy to Nigeria and expected to commence commercial operations in the first quarter of 2012.
The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-engine helicopter offering unmatched performance, capacity and safety. It meets the most stringent civil and government certification standards, and is powered by Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C engines. The chosen configuration of the Caverton fleet will be the twelve (12) passenger offshore configuration. Caverton Helicopters will be joining a group of over 140 customers from 50 countries that have ordered over AW139 helicopters to perform a wide range of roles also including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, utility and government missions.
Adeniyi Makanjuola the Executive Vice Chairman of Caverton Helicopters said, â€œWe are happy to introduce the AW139 to our growing fleet, this step will allow us to expand our presence in the regionsâ€™ helicopter market as new opportunities continue to present themselves.â€
The AW 139 helicopters will be operating in Nigeria’s deepwater region which is strategic to stakeholdersâ€™ plans to raise Nigeriaâ€™s crude oil reserves to 40 billion barrels, up from the current reserve of about 25 billion barrels. The deep and ultra-deepwater regions are crucial to the realization of these plans and offshore helicopter support services will play a central role in these aspirations.
About Caverton Helicopters
Headquartered in Lagos, Caverton Helicopters provides a range of services including transportation, maintenance, search and rescue and related services to the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria as well as other business sectors. Caverton provides services to companies such as Shell, Total and Nigeria LNG and operates out of facilities around the country. For more information visit http://www.caverton-helicopters.com/.
Editor note – see also DanCopter receives first AW139
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales