As metropolitan populations increase, the trend is for city architects to design taller buildings – office, hotel and apartments to accommodate this increase, such as examples in Hong Kong, New York, Singapore, Dubai and London.Â Fire regulations are already strict but should a fire occur in a high-rise or mega building it could be disastrous and is, therefore, an ever-increasing concern to the metropolitan firefighting community, particularly in global regions of natural disaster, such as the Pacific Rim nations.
Fire in high-rise buildings is not a regular occurrence, but when it does happen, such as the post-earthquake fires in Japan, or following acts of terrorism such as â€˜9/11â€² in New York – the loss of life is usually heavy. Â This means that there is a gap in the fire-protection field and a new concept of fire suppression needs to be explored.
So how can city fire brigades improve fire protection and reduce loss of life above the seventh floor of a high-rise or mega building and what is the alternative to classic fire suppression systems? Â The only technology that can provide both fire suppression and rescue is airborne – the helicopter.
Recent studies have demonstrated that the helicopter is feasible for firefighting and rescue from High-Rise buildings – however, much more has to be done in order to prove this capability.
In this context,Â and in conjunction withÂ Dubai HelishowÂ Tangent Link is hosting this unique conference for international fire brigades, civil & government helicopter operators, helicopter manufacturers and manufacturers of firefighting systems and solutions to discuss and debate this topical issue.
The conference will address the solutions, tactics, technologies and the systems already explored, and introduce new ideas to meet this gap in the fire protection field.
Participation in this event is available on two levels.
If your company would like a high-profile at this unique conference, including an opportunity to address the audience with a technical or operational paper, a limited number of Sponsorhship Options are available.
It is possible to attend this one-day conference as a member of the audience, and benefit from the information shared at this important forum as well as the networking opportunities afforded during refreshment breaks and lunch.
For further details please register your interest in this event with:
Head of Business Development
Tangent Link Ltd
Tel: +44 1628 550048
Email:Â [email protected]
Tangent Link is proud to be in partnership with the organisers of Dubai HeliShow to bring a dedicated array of helicopter-related conferences to the UAE.
High-Rise Aerial Firefighting & Rescue
6th November 2012
The Grand Stand, Meydan Hotel, Meydan Racecourse,
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO