(Electronic translation from Spanish)
Barry Kaplan, Director of Business Development for South America Air-Crane Erickson expects strong industry growth in the next decade.
Peru Ecocopter sealed a powerful alliance with Erickson Air-Crane (EAC), a strategic partner in the market for oil, gas, mining and energy. With it will be possible to have in Peru with a powerful fleet of aircraft “big orange helicopter, with strong backing from pilots and mechanics of high quality”, summed up by Director of Business Development for South America EAC.
What is the focus of the alliance? Enter the Peruvian market with a local partner who has experience, knowledge and integrity of that market.
Why Ecocopter chose Peru as partner? For human and professional quality of its management team and its shareholders.
Do you expect your company to use Peru as a platform for the rest of the region? Each country in Latin America has its own world in aeronautical regulations and business requirements, which makes it difficult to use one of them as a platform for others. But Peru is a central key in a region with which EAC hopes to get involved.
Can also expect Chile to have high-powered helicopters in the near future? There is no doubt that with all the construction works for power transmission to occur in the coming years in Chile, there is great need for heavy transport helicopters.
What do you hope for the future of the industry in the next decade in Latin America? The very high growth rates will lead to a high demand for helicopter support in the region, so expect strong growth for our industry.
What are your specific expectations of this partnership in the long term? Success in business and operational alliance will create all kinds of possibilities, both for Ecocopter to EAC.
- 09-Jan-21 N4035S Sikorsky S-64F Oakland, US-California
- Erickson is flying six firefighting S64s in Australia
- 28-Jan-19 N173AC Sikorsky S64 Jericho, Australia
- Erickson PR machine details current fleet contracts
- Korean Forest Service contracts with Erickson to build a S-64E Aircrane
- San Diego Gas & Electric launches fire-fighting Aircrane
- Erickson and Kestrel extend Australian firefighting contract
- Rokstad Power hire Erickson for British Columbia heavy lift work
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website