(Electronic translation from Spanish) Once the tender procedure for the program of life extension Agusta Bell 212 helicopters of the Spanish Navy, the Chief of Logistics Support (JAL) has awarded the program to the joint venture companies formed by SENER IngenierÃa y Sistemas e INAER Maintenance. The modernization program of the seven helicopters AB 212, which entered service in 1974, will extend its operating life at least 15 years through the integration of new avionics and communications systems upgrade air navigation flight and standards existing and introduction of new capacities for surveillance of maritime areas.
A quantum leap in the ability of the Navy Naval Air coinciding with the commissioning of the new Maritime Action Ship (BAM). This is a multi-year program, worth 21 million euros and will be executed on the premises of SENER in Tres Cantos and San AgustÃn de Guadalix, and those of Albacete and Alicante INAER, company leader in helicopter emergency services and maintenance of aircraft. With over 45 years of experience and 1.2 million flight hours, is present in Spain, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Portugal, Chile and Australia and currently has a fleet of 360 aircraft and over 2,400 employees.
INAER is the official center of the world’s leading manufacturers of aircraft and engines. The company has extensive experience in outsourcing projects, maintenance and modernization of aircraft for both the Ministry of Defense of the Spanish Government to various state institutions as the European Gendarmerie Securite Civile and French, and Italian Civile Protezione DG Armament of the French government. A pioneer in its industry in innovation and development, INAER commitment to technology as a value-added services for its clients operate. Therefore, the company has an Office of Engineering and Design, accredited by EASA DOA (Design Organization Approval) to implement the necessary modifications to the aircraft, which also has military design certification ROD. INAER INTA is approved facility for the integration of prototypes and conducting certification flight.
HeliHub.com editor note – in our article in July 2011, we noted that this contract would be valued at approx $30 Million
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Eagle Copters Selects Caution Panel for B212 NVG Upgrade
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Bell Strengthens Customer Support Capabilities in Europe
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- US Coast Guard contracts with Erickson in Alaska
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel
- Abu Dhabi Aviation reaches 1,000,000 hours on Bell fleet
- SENER delivers second upgraded AB212 to Spanish military
- Canada approves Onboard Systems Non-Rotating Cargo Hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212, 412
- Bell approves VIH Aerospace Bell-Medium Tailboom Fixture
- Able Doubles Hydraulics Facility and Adds New Servo Capabilities
- Vector to support Eagle Copter PT6T Engines
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs