London’s residents can now find out what the MPS Helicopters are up to, thanks to the launch of the Air Support Unit’s official Twitter account.
@MPSinthesky got off the ground last Tuesday and captured 1,000 followers within hours of going live. Since then, the Twitter account has propelled higher and higher with over 3,000 people now catching up on what the MPS Helicopters have been up to.
Hundreds more followers have been added everyday as @MPSinthesky tweets out about vehicle pursuits, catching burglars, armed suspects and much much more.
Inspector Phil Whitelaw head of Air Support Unit said:Â “This is a terrific way to use social media and keep Londoners informed of the amazing work that is performed by the Air Support Unit, which works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The response so far has been very positive and I’m certain @MPSinthesky will play a vital role in helping Londoners understand why we were- or are – working in a particular area.
I am confident our twitter posts will play an important role in raising the profile of our work and in working to reduce complaints.”
Londoners have been overwhelming supportive of the ASU twitter posts. Some of their comments have been posted below:
“Horray! @MPSinthesky is on twitter. Now I won’t have to wonder what in the world they are doing up there.”
“This is a fantastic piece of community social networking so well done for instigating it.”
“This must be one of the most fascinating twitter accounts in the UK @MPSinthesky. Well worth a follow.”
“MPS Helicopter twitter feed is off the ground! Go to @MPSinthesky best thing the met has ever done!”
“Finally I99 is on twitter always wondered how busy u râ€¦ finally my wish has come true will be tracking.”
To get MPS Helicopter tweets you will need to sign up to Twitter then search for @MPSinthesky to follow the activities of the ASU.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana