SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica Company, has signed an agreement to provide Electronic Warfare (EW) training for Greek Army technicians and flight crew operating out of the Hellenic Army Aviation base at Megara. Following the comprehensive 6 month training programme SELEX Galileo will field personnel to support Hellenic Army crews on-site at the base in Megara.
The training will be delivered at SELEX Galileo’s purpose-built EW Operational Support centre in Lincoln, UK. This success story follows the recent contract award by the UK MoD that will see UK Air Warfare Centre personnel trained at the same facility for up to 4 years.
The contract follows the Greek acquisition in 2003 of SELEX Galileo’s Helicopter Integrated Defensive Aid Suite (HIDAS) for the Army’s Apache helicopters. The training will allow Greek crews to get the most out of HIDAS, giving them the skills they need to programme the system to effectively defend against modern threats and new challenges as they emerge in the future.
“We are delighted to welcome the Greek Army to our world class EWOS Facility i
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock