Goodrich CorporationÂ (NYSE: GR) will participate as a member of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation’s S-97 RAIDERâ„¢ helicopter supplier team that is building a next-generation helicopter for evaluation by the U.S. military in 2014. Proven Goodrich technology for the S-97 RAIDER aircraft includes high speed flexible couplings and an advanced tail propulser drive shaft system; a SmartProbeâ„¢ air data system; and a lightweight efficient LED lighting system. Products will be developed and produced by Goodrich teams inÂ Rome, N.Y.,Â Burnsville, Minn., andÂ Oldsmar, Fla.
The drive system saves significant weight over traditional helicopter drive systems, while maintaining rugged reliability and damage tolerance for continued operation in battlefield conditions. The SmartProbe air data system provides weight savings, increased performance and maturity from millions of operational flight hours on platforms worldwide.Â Along with weight savings, the new LED lighting system delivers reduced life cycle costs and significantly less power usage than incandescent lights.
“Goodrich’s selection was based on its capabilities to contribute high performance, reliable, low weight technologies that are easily integrated into the new rotorcraft design,” saidÂ Steve Croke, VP Goodrich Power Transmission Systems. “Goodrich is at the forefront of rotorcraft technology around the world. Our advanced systems have the maturity required to meet the team’s goal to achieve first flight in 2014,” he added.
The S-97 RAIDER aircraft program follows Sikorsky’s successful X2 TECHNOLOGYâ„¢ demonstrator aircraft, which flew at more than 250 knots flight speed, or twice the average cruise speed of a conventional helicopter.Â The National Aeronautic AssociationÂ awarded Sikorsky and teammates that included Goodrich the 2010 Robert J. Collier Trophy for the achievement, and for its potential as a future rotorcraft technology.Â For more information about the S-97 RAIDER program, please visithttp://www.sikorsky.com/.
Goodrich Corporation, aÂ FortuneÂ 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense and homeland security markets.Â With one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry, Goodrich serves a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and service facilities.Â For more information visitÂ http://www.goodrich.com/.
S-97 RAIDERâ„¢, X2â„¢ and X2 TECHNOLOGYâ„¢ are trademarks ofÂ Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
- Triumph Geared Solutions Recognized by Sikorsky
- S-97 Raider Program Launches Ground Tests
- Sikorsky grounded S97 Raider after just two free flights
- S-97 Raider has TTTech’s TTEthernet® Deterministic Ethernet Solution on Board
- Sikorsky S-97 Raider flies for first time
- PPG produces transparencies for first S-97 Raider
- International Representatives View CH-53K Helicopter
- Sikorsky Begins Final Assembly of Second S-97 Raider
- Sikorsky Collaborates with LORD Corporation to Unveil S-97 Raider
- Sikorsky Unveils S-97 Raider
- Ducommun Recognized as Critical Partner on S-97 Raider program
- Sikorsky Aircraft Selects LORD Corporation’s UltraConductive™ Technology for the S-97 RAIDER™ Helicopter Program
- Sikorsky selects Lord Corp UltraConductive™ Technology for S-97 Raider
- S-97 Raider closer to first flight with power on for first time
- S-97 Raider enters final assembly
- Budget freezes US Army Armed Aerial Scout program
- PPG to supply S-97 Raider transparencies
- Sikorsky launch microsite for S-97 Raider
- Lord Corp selected S-97 Raider program
- Rotating Composite Technologies to supply S-97 Raider pusher prop