PZL-Åšwidnik, an AgustaWestland company, is pleased to announce it has signed contracts with the Polish Ministry of National Defence valued at approximately PLN380 million net (â‚¬90 million) for the supply of five W-3WA SokÃ³Å‚ helicopters and the upgrade of 14 helicopters. The manufacture and upgrading activities will be undertaken at the PZL-Åšwidnik factory in Poland.
The five new W-3WA SokÃ³Å‚ helicopters will be configured for VIP transport and used by the Polish Air Force to provide transport services for senior military and government personnel. Featuring outstanding operational capability, the W-3A has proven to be a very effective, rugged and reliable helicopter in all conditions.Â Deliveries of the five aircraft will be completed by the end of 2013.
Separate contracts for the upgrading of 14 helicopters have also been signed comprising the upgrade of four W-3 SokÃ³Å‚ helicopters to W-3PL GÅ‚uszec armed configuration, the overhaul and upgrade of eight Mi-2 helicopters and the upgrade of two W-3VIP helicopters with a FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system.
Deliveries of the upgraded W-3PL GÅ‚uszec helicopters will be completed in the second half of 2014 and represents the second batch in a plan to upgrade a total of 32 helicopters in the next five to six years, forming the back bone of Polandâ€™s combat support capability.
MieczysÅ‚aw Majewski, President of the Management Board, PZL-Åšwidnik said â€œWe are delighted to have secured these contracts with the Ministry of National Defence for the production of new helicopters and the cost effective upgrade of existing helicopters in the Polish MoDâ€™s inventory. These contracts recognise that in Åšwidnik we have the capability to develop, manufacture and upgrade helicopters, providing outstanding support to our customers.â€
Nicola Bianco, Managing Director, PZL-Åšwidnik said â€œWe are proud that the W-3WA SokÃ³Å‚ has been selected for the important and high profile VIP transport requirement. This selection and recent export successes confirms the W-3 SokÃ³Å‚ as a highly attractive product in the market. The W-3PL GÅ‚uszec programme also highlights PZL-Åšwidnikâ€™s ability to undertake complex major upgrade programmes. The next challenge for PZL- Åšwidnik is to provide the most attractive solution for the Polish Ministry of Defenceâ€™s tender for 26 helicopters: we have the product, the overall capability, experience and the organization to properly serve the Armed Forces.â€
PZL-Åšwidnik is Polandâ€™s only helicopter manufacturer with the full capability to design, develop, manufacture and support its products in country. PZL-Åšwidnik with 3,500 employees is also the biggest aerospace manufacturer in Poland and one of the biggest employers in South East Poland. As well as producing helicopters, PZL-Åšwidnik is also a leading manufacturer of aircraft structures for many aerospace companies around the world.
- Key deliveries of W-3PL Głuszec and W-3RM Anakonda to Polish military
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- 04-Apr-15 EC-KIR PZL W3 Fernán Pérez, Spain
- Hispánica de Aviación signs for three fire-fighting W-3A
- Polish-produced W-3PL helicopters demo capabilities at European military exercise
- 07-Aug-14 310921 PZL W-3 Sokol Marawi City, Philippines
- Uganda orders GrandNew and W-3A Sokol for Law Enforcement
- Final VIP Sokol delivered to the Polish Air Force
- Second VIP Sokol delivered to Polish Air Force
- PZL-Świdnik delivers last two W3 Sokols to Philippine Air Force
- W3A Sokol to be displayed at EHS
- Fifth and sixth Sokols delivered to the Philippine Air Force
- Two firefighting helicopters crash in Spain
- 02-Jul-12 EC-JUN PZL Sokol Sierra Martes, Spain
- 25 helicopters due for Philippine Air Force this year
- First batch of Philippine Air Force Sokols enter service
- INAER to expand firefighting ops with more W-3A Sokols
- 18-Jun-11 SP-SUI PZL Sokol Tabuyo, Spain
- Philippines to receive eight Sokols, looks to upgrade MD 520s
- 19-Mar-11 PZL Sokol Seosan, South Korea (1F)