Max-Viz and Helijet of Vancouver, B.C. Canada announces the cooperative installation of the Max-Viz EVS-1500 on three (3) S-76 helicopters supporting EMS operations under contract with the B.C. Government.
â€œAfter thorough evaluation of NVIS technologies, we determined that EVS would provide Helijet EMS helicopters with the most cost effective and safe solution to both day and night operational hazard mitigationâ€ states Ken Glaze, Helijet VP of Business Development.
Pilots are welcoming both the day and night ability to avoid inadvertent IMC (IIMC) conditions as noted by a recent testimonial from Rotary Wing Chief Pilot, Brendan McCormick: “Air Ambulance flight crews are reporting that not only can they see terrain features and man-made structures at night, but they are seeing fog and cloud formations and concentrations of precipitation during the day enabling them to pick safer routes ahead.”
Bob Yerex, Vice President of Sales for Max-Viz states â€œcoming from an EMS cockpit prior to Max-Viz, I can personally attest to the demands of the terrain and dynamic environmental conditions prevalent in the Pacific N.W.â€.Â Â â€œWe are excited about the opportunity to work closely with the entire team from Helijet right in our back yard, and look forward to continued feedback and improved safety within their program as a result of the inclusion of our EVS-1500 equipmentâ€, Yerex states.
Helijet international (www.helijet.com) is a Canadian-owned company and is North Americaâ€™s largest scheduled helicopter service, as well as a significant provider to British Columbiaâ€™s air medical services. Helijet is celebrating its 25th anniversary in business and has won numerous awards for outstanding customer service and safety standards.
Max-VizÂ (www.max-viz.com) designs and markets the smallest, most reliable and affordable Enhanced Vision Systems for aircraft. The systems use infrared sensors, signal processing, and a cockpit display to show terrain, runways, taxiways, aircraft and other obstacles through poor visibility conditions including light fog, haze, smoke, brown / whiteout, light precipitation and darkness.
- Island Express Helicopters sues ATC over Kobe Bryant accident
- 25-Aug-20 N276TH Sikorsky S76C West Palm Beach, US-Florida
- Korea – Corporate operator Posco to make corporate S76s available for EMS work
- Sikorsky S76C – FAA AD 2020-0212 – RDAU software
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé