Tanis Aircraft Products has announced the availability of its aircraft preheat systems for the Eurocopter line of helicopters, a manufacturer of civilian and military models.
Eurocopter manufactures the EC155 helicopter, a long-range twin-engine medium-lift passenger transport helicopter, along with many other models. Collaborating with Metro Aviation, Inc. at their corporate headquarters in Shreveport, Louisiana, representatives from Tanis reviewed the configuration of a Tanis preheat system to be installed on multiple EC155s, designated for a specific customer. The new system comprises a simple plug-in design for preheating critical components of the EC155 during cold weather operations. Tanis develops preheat systems for new Eurocopter helicopter models and offers retrofit systems in for legacy models.
A complete Tanis preheat system for rotary wing aircraft is comprised of several specifically engineered heating elements that can be affixed to the engine oil reservoir and sump, hydraulic reservoir, reduction gearbox, accessory case, fuel control unit, and more. Each system is designed to protect critical components from cold starts, reduce the likelihood of damage, and to shave critical minutes off time to launch. When factoring in all costs, including time and fuel, reduced wear and faster launch times, a Tanis Preheat System is a money-saver for helicopter operators of any size.
Well-respected manufacturers, operators, completion and MRO centers, such as Metro Aviation, agree that Tanis is leading in its field, and they are embracing Tanis preheat technology. Tanis is the only company providing complete aircraft and engine preheat systems for piston, turbine and rotary wing aircraft.
Bob Krueger, President of Tanis, stated, “Our founder, Pete Tanis, developed the patents and technologies that are known to be state of the art in aircraft preheat. We build a quality product and aggressively support our systems.” Krueger concluded, “It is for these reasons that helicopter operators specify Tanis when their operations require helicopter preheat in cold climates.”
About Metro Aviation
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States, is a worldwide provider of completion services for all types of helicopters and missions. Metro Aviation specializes in the EC135 and EC145 offering numerous Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro Aviation is an FAA Approved Repair Station, an approved Eurocopter Service Center, and a FAR Part 135 Air Ambulance and Emergency Medical Service/Helicopter (EMS/H) operator with several locations across the United States. The company is privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.
** See Tanis Aircraft Products at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas, Texas, from February 12-14. Tanis booth number 7523. **
- French Navy Tests New Navalized Version Of AS365 Dauphin SAR
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs