Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) today announced their intentions to launch a Model 47 Upgrade Program at Heli-Expo in Dallas on February 12. This program gives customers the choice to have their existing Model 47 upgraded or to purchase a refurbished/upgraded 47G-2A configuration (narrow body) or 47G-2A-1 (wide body) configuration helicopter direct from the OEM.
The upgrade program will apply to all Lycoming powered 47G type helicopters from the 47G-2 through to the 47G-5A, excluding the Franklin powered 47G-3. These upgrades will include the recently announced new Instrument Panel, Interiors & the Composite Main Rotor Blades all under development, along with existing performance improving Texas Helicopter Co., Inc. STCs such as the No-Bar, Sprag & Muffler. Optional overhaul of Airframe & Systems, Engines and Drive System components, plus installation of new zero-time life limited components, will be included in the program.
â€œWe are very excited to be launching this upgrade program.â€ stated Scott Churchill, President/Owner of Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc. â€œThe foundations have been laid within SB47 over the past 2 years to get to this point. The 47 is one of the most durable, long lasting helicopters in the industry, but spares availability has made it increasingly challenging to keep them in service. These upgrades, using modern components, will provide a new lease of life to those helicopters enabling them to operate for years to come.â€
â€œThe refurbished 47G-2A & 47G-2A-1 helicopters will be as close to a new Model 47 as you can get without a new engine or transmission.â€ stated Neil Marshall, General Manager of Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc. â€œWith a full 1,200hr overhaul period ahead of them, zero-time life limited components, new instrument panel, avionics options & interior plus the new composite main rotor blades these improved Model 47 are a truly viable purchase option for the modern training & utility markets.â€
SB47 expects to start deliveries of Upgrades to customer-owned Model 47â€™s in Q4 2012 and Refurbished/Upgraded 47G-2A & 47G-2A-1 configuration helicopters in Q1 2013. They will be taking orders at Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas this February.
About Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc.
Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scottâ€™s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest operators of Model 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support to the fielded fleet.Â Press contact:[email protected]
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)