The second annual International Corporate Jet and Helicopter Finance Conference will play host to some 200 delegates and speakers from the global aviation industry next week (7-8th February).Â Organised by Corporate Jet Investor, this event. to be held at The Hilton, London Tower Bridge, is growing in significance given that that 70% of all business jets and helicopters (from the smallest jets through to the large Boeing and Airbus Corporate Jets) are typically financed.
â€œWe recognise that it is relatively easy for western European and US aircraft buyers to secure business jet finance, but acknowledge it is so much harder for international owners.â€ Commented Alasdair Whyte, Editor, Corporate Jet Investor. â€œCurrently most orders for new aircraft are coming from outside the US and western Europe. This unique conference has been created with the specific aim of helping corporate aircraft and helicopter buyers worldwide find financing to suit their needs.â€
The event has attracted speakers from all around the world, including key international aircraft operators and senior representatives from global financial institutions. Leading business aircraft operator speakers (a new element for this year) include Luis Pinto, CFO, NetJets Europe; Thomas Flohr, CEO and founder of VistaJet; Marwan Khalek, CEO and co-founder of Gama Group; and Patrick Margetson-Rushmore, CEO of LEA.
Representatives from established global financial institutions participating and speaking include AirFinance, BNDES, CIT, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Guggenheim Partners, Investec, Lloyds Banking Group, Milestone Leasing, Minsheng Financial Leasing, Rand Merchant Bank, Societe General, TD Securities, UBS Leasing and US Ex-Im Bank.Â The event has also attracted a larger number of brokers of pre-owned aircraft (fixed wing and rotor wing) reflecting the importance of finance to this market segment.
Delegates, including those from over 30 international financial institutions, will be flying in to London from 17 different countries spanning six continents.Â And, recognising the achievements of some of the industryâ€™s outstanding players in business aircraft finance, the prestigious Corporate Jet Investor Awards will be held after the first day, applauding those financiers and lenders who have shown outstanding ability and achievement in the field of business jet and helicopter financing or lending during 2011.Â Ten financial institutions will receive regional Corporate Jet Investor Financier of the Year Awards as determined by a judging panel of 25 leading finance specialists at manufacturers, brokers and other impartial organisations including OEMs Bombardier, Hawker Beechcraft, Embraer, Gulfstream and Dassault.
Corporate Jet Investor thanks this yearâ€™s sponsors – Ascend, Bombardier, Clyde & Co, Gates and Partners, IBA, Rolls-Royce, Airclaims, Altair Aero Projects, Avinode, Guggenheim and JSSI.
- Airbus and DCA pick Thales new FlytX avionics for helicopter programs
- Safran to continue supporting UK MOD
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell