Pall Corporation, a global leader in filtration, separation and purification, today announced that it has signed an agreement with Dart Aerospace Ltd. to develop new upgrades for Pall’s Centrisep(R) engine advanced protection system (EAPS). The companies will collaborate on the design, validation, and airworthiness (suitability for safe flight) certifications for the upgrades. At Heli-Expo 2012, the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community, the first program – for AS350 ‘Squirrel’ aircraft(1 -)will be showcased. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS provides the ultimate in helicopter engine protection by reducing erosion and maintenance workload while enhancing safety, reliability, availability, and performance.
“Dart welcomes the opportunity to team with Pall and develop FAA supplemental type certificates (STCs) for beneficial helicopter modifications,” said Bill Beckett, vice president of Canadian operations for Dart Helicopter Services (DHS). STCs document the airworthiness of changes to existing aircraft designs.
“We’re excited about our first Squirrel helicopter project with Dart and about expanding our collaboration to improve engine protection and safety for many other aircraft,” said Jim Western, president of Pall Aerospace. “Recent advances in design technology have enabled us to develop more efficient Centrisep systems with reduced power loss and greater protection against foreign object damage.”
On the latest Centrisep designs, a secondary filter screen prevents damage from foreign objects even when the engine cover is open. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS is a ‘fit and forget,’ environmentally-sustainable solution. Unlike other systems, there is no need for regular maintenance and cleaning, and the unit is certified for inadvertent entry into icing conditions without requiring complicated bypass doors.
Pall Aerospace provides fluid filtration and separation solutions for a broad range of military and commercial aircraft. Its filter products are used on all major rotorcraft brands worldwide. Centrisep EAPSs have been protecting helicopter engines since the 1960s. Over fifty different designs have been certified and operate worldwide.
Dart Aerospace Ltd. is part of the Dart Helicopter Services family of companies that designs, certifies, and produces innovative helicopter solutions that are available around the world. Dart’s extensive certification capabilities, coupled with its global marketing network in the helicopter accessory business, make the collaboration with Pall a natural fit.
To learn more about the Centrisep EAPS, please visit the Pall booth #5717 or the Dart booth #3717 at Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas from February 12 -14; visit www.pall.com/Centrisep ; or email [email protected]
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation, with total revenues of $2.7 billion for fiscal year 2011, is an S&P 500 company with almost 11,000 employees serving customers worldwide. Pall has been named a “top green company” by Newsweek magazine. To see how Pall is helping enable a greener, safer, more sustainable future, follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com/green .
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf