Carilion Clinic will add a third helicopter to its fleet of medical aircraft serving southwest and central Virginia and sections of West Virginia and North Carolina.Â The helicopter, called Carilion Life-Guard 12, will be based in the Rockbridge County area. Its presence will further extend Carilionâ€™s ability to serve the region, which includes Allegheny County, Bath County, Pocahontas County, Greenbrier County and Lewisburg. Life-Guard 12Â will significantly reduce response and transport time, providing fast, efficient critical care air services to those in need.
Life-Guard 12 will join Life-Guard 10 which covers the Roanoke Valley region, and Life-Guard 11, which responds in the New River Valley region from its base at Carilion New River Valley Medical Center.
While planning for the expansion, Carilion sought a partner who was best aligned with the organizationâ€™s needs and mission and selected Med-Trans Corp. based out of Dallas, Texas.
â€œWe are pleased to be partnering with Carilion Clinic and able to contribute to their teamâ€™s continued commitment of caring for critical patients in need of air medical transport.Â Carilionâ€™s air medical bases will continue to be a regional asset and industry leader providing an invaluable service,â€ stated Fred Buttrell, President/CEO of Med-Trans Corp.
Pending approval by the appropriate local agencies and government officials, Carilion plans to construct a permanent base for Life-Guard 12 at Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital in Lexington.
â€œWe are extremely excited to provide a home for Life-Guard 12,â€ said Vice President and CSJH Administrator Chuck Carr. â€œBy basing operations in Lexington, Carilion Clinic Patient Transportation can provide critical, life-saving air transport to a wider area.â€
In addition to Life-Guard 12,Â CCPT plans to relocate Life-Guard 10 to a newly plannedÂ facility in the Westlake area of Franklin County.Â Â Roanoke Life-Guard base will continue to serve all three helicopters.
â€œA base in Franklin County will improve response times in our service areaÂ south of Roanoke. ThisÂ is particularly important to Heart Alert and Stroke Alert, and trauma patients whose outcomes can depend on timely treatment,â€ said Paul B. Davenport, Carilion Clinic Vice President for Emergency Services.
From its new base Franklin County base, Life-Guard 10 will significantly improve response and transport times for Henry County, Patrick County, Bedford County, Pittsylvania County, Martinsville and Danville.
Carilion Life-Guard 12 is expected to begin flying in April of 2012.
About Carilion Clinic
Carilion Clinic is a not-for-profit healthcare organization serving nearly one million people in Virginia through hospitals, outpatient specialty centers and advanced primary care practices. Led by multi-specialty physician teams with a shared philosophy that puts the patient first, Carilion is committed to improving outcomes for every patient while advancing the quality of care through medical education and research. For more information visitwww.carilionclinic.org/about.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditionalÂ hospital-based models. The companyâ€™s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome.Â For more information, please visit:Â Â Â www.med-trans.net
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago