Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of Servicios AÃ©reos Helicopters.cl Ltda (â€œSALâ€) in Chile.
Founded in 2002, SAL provides helicopter services to domestic and multinational customers in the mining, power construction, and forestry sectors of the Chilean economy. With two main operating bases in north central and southern Chile, as well as operations in Argentina and Colombia, SAL operates a fleet of up to 10 intermediate and medium helicopters. SAL is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. The current management team will continue on with SAL, to drive additional growth for Discovery Air and GSH in Chile and South America.
Adam Bembridge, Group President of Discovery Air Northern Services stated â€œWe are very pleased to have SAL join our rotary services team, and feel they are an ideal partner for GSH in the Chilean market, and that SAL will further expand Discovery Airâ€™s presence in South America. Both GSH and SAL will benefit from counter seasonal opportunities and fleet utilization going forward.â€
â€œOpportunities for aviation services in Chile and the rest of South America are expanding rapidly, and joining the Discovery Air team will allow SAL to offer our clients an even greater portfolio of services. We are very happy to be joining a diverse and respected company like Discovery Air.â€ said SAL founder Carlos Lopez.
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 140 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
Discovery Airâ€™s shares and debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A respectively).
The Chilean operator has a website at http://www.helicopters.cl/
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role