Today, Duff and Phelps was appointed by the court as trustee in bankruptcy for Ornge Global GP Inc. and Ornge Global Holdings LP, the for-profit arm of Ornge. This results, by operation of law, in the immediate termination of the remaining employees of the bankrupt Global entities, being Dr. Chris Mazza, President and CEO, and Maria Renzella, Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Mazza and Ms. Renzella are no longer officers of the corporation. No severance payments have been offered to them by Ornge.
The bankruptcy does not affect the not-for-profit Ornge or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries including Ornge Global Corporate Services Inc. and Ornge Global Air Inc.
Ornge, a not-for-profit organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontarioâ€™s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, paediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals. Ornge performs more than 19,000 transports annually.
Editor Note: It was the for-profit arm that AgustaWestland was working with – see this story
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle