Absolute Fire Solutions (AFS), is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement to sell the Fast Bucket product line. The sale, which closes March 01 2012, will see the buyer offer and support the complete Fast Bucket product line, including the Fast Fill, Fast Foam and the Fast Cockpit Controller accessories, immediately following closing. AFS will continue to own and develop its helicopter and aircraft event logging products, known as FAST Trac, under the Absolute name.
AFS President Steve Matthews commented on the sale, â€œWith the support of our clients, the Fast Bucket and its accessories have changed the way helicopter fire-fighting is done â€“ making it easier for operators and more efficient and productive for agencies. With development largely complete, and with our FAST Trac product evolving into a much broader market beyond fire-fighting, it made sense to have the Fast bucket line move to a company with a strong worldwide brand and the commitment to continue to advance its unique capabilities.â€
Support for the line will continue unaffected by the sale, noted AFS partner Steve Reeves. â€œWe are already working closely with the buyer to ensure a seamless transition for our clients. The involvement of our management team going forward was a significant factor in reaching a successful agreement, and both AFS and the buyer are committed to supporting Fast bucket clients going forwardâ€. As part of this transition, AFS General Manager Gerry Bergeron will attend HELI-EXPO with the buyer organization and will be available to support Fast bucket clients going forward.
Matthews singled out early adopter clients and distributor DART Helicopter Services in comments regarding the sale, stating that without their input the Fast bucket would never have evolved to its current level. â€œWe received critical feedback and great support from a number of different operators around the world, as well as superb professional sales support from DART, and we would like to thank the many people who took an interest in our yellow bucket and who made this successful outcome possible.â€
Visit us at booth 609 at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas.
About Absolute Fire Solutions
Based in Calgary, Canada, Absolute manufactures the patented Fast Bucket, the worldâ€™s first fire-fighting bucket to incorporate cockpit volume control and self-powered gated bucket operations as standard features. Absolute also manufactures the FAST Trac event logging system, which allows operators to monitor aircraft and ops gear performance in near real time, and which interfaces with all major approved AFF SATCom systems. In its fifth year of operation, Absolute has clients in 20 countries operating the full range of fire suppression products.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation