Robinson have now put a two-page PDF format brochure of the R66 Police helicopter on their website for all to view. The details on the police role equipment (ie over and above the standard R66 spec) are listed below from that brochure
The demonstrator is registered N660PD, serial 0101
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
FACTORY-INSTALLED NOSE GIMBAL
FLIR Systemsâ€™ Ultra 8000 Thermal Imaging Camera is the most compact, lightweight turret available. The gimbal rotates 360 degrees, and its stabilization technology enables crisp, detailed images. HAND CONTROLLER The Ultra 8000 comes with an ergonomic hand control unit that has large knobs and backlighting for easy operation.
The cameraâ€™s continuous zoom can be adjusted on the fly or through three programmable settings. An 18x optical and digital zoom along with advanced low-light capture improves image quality.
A 500-watt xenon lamp emits a 15-20 million candlepower highintensity, focusable beam. The light can be directed by either the hand controller or, as an option, by slaving it to the nose-mounted gimbal. The searchlight is positioned below the right rear seat to allow left banked turns without the light beam being obstructed by the skid.
A 10-inch, sunlight-visible color LCD screen easily switches between the FLIR camera and the optional Moving Map, and can be lowered when the system is not used. The monitor mount accommodates various single- and multi-band FM police radios. [Ed – we know it’s a moving map from Flight Management Systems]
EASE OF OPERATION
Equipment is positioned for easy access and viewing, day or night. User-installable left-side pedals and collective control allow a pilot-rated observer to fly the aircraft with the center cyclic control.
A variety of optional equipment is available including: Five-point shoulder harness system (front seats), P/A speaker and siren (100 watt); Microwave downlink capability; LoJack; Moving Map, and a selection of UHF, VHF, and 800 MHz police radios.
- 01-Jan-21 9M-SAW Robinson R66 Port Klang, Malaysia
- 30-Dec-20 JA77AR Robinson R66 Ojiro, Japan (1F)
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter