Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup Company, announced today they have signed a long term agreement with Sikorsky Global Helicopters to manufacture, assemble and test transmissions for new production Schweizer 300 CTM aircraft and aftermarket support.
â€œWe have had a long standing relationship with Sikorsky,â€ said President of Summit Aviation Bob Fitzpatrick. â€œFor the last five years our facility has built major aero structure sub-assemblies for the Schweizer 333TM for them in our Somerset, Ky. location, and now we are elated to be able work with them on this exciting new project.â€
Fitzpatrick added that Summit was selected by Sikorsky based on their technical knowledge of the product and competitive cost.Â He also stated that Summit is a Part 145 Bell Helicopter approved transmission overhaul center.
The agreement is valued at approximately $5 million and work will be completed at Summit Aviationâ€™s Middletown, Del., facility.
Located in Middletown, Delaware, Summitâ€™s Manufacturing Center offers new dynamic manufacture, assembly and testing along with aerostructures manufacture and assembly.Â The company also offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft.Â The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif.Â News and information are available atÂ www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- 17-Aug-17 OE-XGM Schweizer 300C Engelhartszell, Austria
- 22-May-17 N2032S Schweizer 300CBi Eden Prairie, US-Minnesota
- 29-Jul-15 I-GASF Schweizer 300C Gratosoglio, Italy
- 09-Jun-15 Schweizer 300 Lac Central, Canada
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- FRASCA Provides R44 Helicopter Simulator to China
- 04-Dec-14 CS-HFD Schweizer 300CBi Ponte de Sor, Portugal (2F)
- Frasca wins order for R44/S300 convertible Level 5 Flight Training Device
- 06-Jul-14 ZK-HON Schweizer 300C Ward, New Zealand
- 17-year old completes licence in 43.6 hours with Atomic Helicopters
- 13-Jun-14 OO-JCS Schweizer S300C Cerfontaine, Belgium (1F)
- 12-Jun-14 G-BWAV Schweizer S300C Dunsfold, UK
- 31-May-14 N902CP Schweizer 300C Temple, US-Texas
- 23-Feb-14 VH-HAK Hughes 300C Legerwood, Australia
- Nicholson McLaren Aviation to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- 21-Jul-13 I-GANI Schweizer 300C Cuneo Levaldigi, Italy
- 03-Jul-13 N888ZW Schweizer S300C Burnham, US-Maine
- 25-Mar-13 N90570 Hughes 300C Rialto, US-California
- 19-Feb-13 N2099S Schweizer 300CBi Titusville, US-Florida
- British S300 crash lawsuit plays out in the US