Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced the new Bell 525 Relentless â€“ unveiled at the 2012 Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas â€“ will feature a state-of-the-art flight deck, ARC Horizon.
â€œOne of the most compelling elements of the new Bell 525 Relentless is the new ARC Horizon flight deck,â€ said Larry D. Roberts, senior vice president, Bell Helicopterâ€™s Commercial Business.
The new ARC Horizon flight deck will feature unparalleled crew situational awareness through the use of a fully integrated, glass flight deck coupled with an advanced flyâ€byâ€wire flight control system resulting in enhanced safety levels and mission capabilities.
ARC Horizon provides increased awareness â€ gameâ€changing integrated glass flight deck providing exceptional situational awareness; reactive â€“ pro-active hazard interventions through highâ€bandwidth advanced capabilities; and control â€ a new standard for vehicle control in austere environmentsâ€”precisely, safely, consistently.
The ARC Horizon will debut the Garmin G5000H integrated avionics suite. It features high resolution, wide aspect ratio primary flight displays (PFD) and multi-function displays (MFD). The system supports multiple display sizes and is scalable to support a large number of display and touchscreen controller configurations. The landscape oriented displays have multi-pane capability that allows multiple pages to be viewed side-by-side on any of the displays.
Therefore, pilots can simultaneously view their primary flight display, maps, charts, checklists and system synoptics, HTAWS, TCAS, flight planning, weather or video input pages.
Fly-by-wire with flight control computers by BAE Systems provide the ability to operate demanding missions in austere environments safely and reliably with decreased pilot workload.
â€œBell Helicopter is committed to continuing to provide these types of innovative and technologically advanced systems to our customers as we provide them with industry-leading products,â€ Roberts said.
- Bell and Wintershall Dea Set Sights for Innovative North Sea Operations
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- Bell 525 engine receives certification from FAA
- FAA certifies GE CT7-2F1 engine for Bell 525
- Donaldson Delivers Filtration Systems for Bell 525 Relentless
- Bell expands Flight Research Center
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- 4th B525 flight test vehicle takes flight
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- PPG awarded heated windshield contract for B525 Relentless
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Certification Deferral for Bell 525 Relentless
- Bell CEO Talks of Market Decline
- V-22 Workload for Bell, after layoffs
- Helitech 2016: ITT Shake Guru addresses Bell 525 and 505 flight
- Bell 525 VIP interior proposed by Mecaer
- Bell takes 429, 407GX and 525 mockup to Monaco Yacht Show
- Bell 525 program on hold after fatal prototype accident