At the Heli-Expo launch of Eurocopterâ€™s new EC130 T2 helicopter, American Eurocopter announced today that Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has ordered 20 of the updated EC130 model that has made a name for itself in the United States in a variety of industries, particularly the aerial tour industry. The agreement with Blue Hawaiian includes 10 firm orders with options for 10 more. These helicopters will be used as part of an ongoing fleet replacement program.
â€œBlue Hawaiian was our first EC130 customer, and we welcome them as one of the launch customers for the EC130 T2. They have been a leader in promoting innovations and implementing quiet technology rotorcraft in the air tour industry,â€ said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of American Eurocopter. â€œWe value the trust they have placed in Eurocopter products and our company, and we will continue to work with them as they enhance their fleet.â€
Blue Hawaiian was the launch customer for the EC130 in 2001. Since that time the company has logged more than 425,000 flight hours on its all-Eurocopter fleet that includes EC130â€™s and AS350 helicopters.
â€œWe were happy to work with American Eurocopter on the launch of the first EC130, and we are excited to continue to work with them as we update our fleet with the new EC130 T2,â€ said Dave Chevalier, owner and CEO of Blue Hawaiian Helicopters.
In addition to being the launch customer for the EC130, Blue Hawaiian also gave the aircraft its â€œEco-Starâ€ designation, in reference to its ultra-quiet, eco-efficient operation. These two key features have helped the EC130 become the aircraft of choice for the air tour industry.
The EC130 product line offers increased cabin space, improved visibility through a wrap-around glass cockpit, state-of-the-art avionics, and Eurocopterâ€™s advanced main rotor and Fenestronâ„¢ tail rotor technology. The EC130 T2 brings a more powerful 950 shp class ARRIEL 2D engine that provides improved fuel efficiency and offers an engine data recorder and will offer a 6,000 hour mature TBO (Time Between Overhaul), which will help reduce operating and direct maintenance costs. The additional power also results in an increased max weight and CG range for improved useful load, which have broadened the product lineâ€™s appeal to include corporate, air medical and other missions.
Blue Hawaiian has been Hawaiiâ€™s leader in the air tour industry for over 25 years. In addition to its scenic flights, Blue Hawaiian also provides charters and utility services, such as firefighting, search and rescue, power line patrol and the transportation of external loads.
Blue Hawaiianâ€™s active role in the air tour industry includes its work on flight and safety issues and regulations for operations over national park areas, which has been coordinated through the Helicopter Association International and with the Federal Aviation Administration and U.S. National Park Service.
For more information on American Eurocopter or the EC130 T2, stop by booth #1917 at Heli-Expo 2012 in Dallas or visit www.eurocopterusa.com.
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)