The latest purchase of an AS350 B3e aircraft by Canadian Helicopters will assist with demanding utility missions and will increase its current fleet to 75 Eurocopter aircraft. The addition of the AS350 B3e will contribute to CHâ€™s corporate rebranding, which has been reflected through its growing international presence with the recent acquisition of Helicopters NZ (HNZ) in July 2011.
â€œCanadian Helicopters is pleased to introduce the AS350 B3e helicopter to provide the latest technology, combined with increased capabilities and increased levels of safety.Â This aircraft is delivered in our new corporate livery.Â The new look is being introduced across our fleet as the first step towards building our new brand, and was chosen to represent our dynamic and growing worldwide helicopter operations,â€ said Mr. Don Wall, President and CEO, Canadian Helicopters Limited.
With the purchase of HNZ, CH now has over 800 employees operating from 49 locations worldwide, a total of 155 aircraft and last twelve months revenue reaching $240 million. Incorporating over 65 years of experience has further strengthened CH as a market leader in helicopter operation and support.
â€œWe appreciate that CH continues its commitment to Eurocopter products, which has been further solidified by their recent selection of an AS350 B3e,â€ said Mr. Guy Joannes, President & CEO, Eurocopter Canada Limited (ECL). â€œVersatility and safety make this aircraft an appropriate choice for any type of challenging mission.â€
The AS350 B3e is an enhanced version of Eurocopterâ€™s single-engine AS350 B3, offering a high-performance helicopter capable of carrying out the most demanding missions in extreme weather and geographical conditions. Its exceptional lifting capability, high endurance, extended range and fast cruise speed make the AS350 B3e the leader in its class.
Features of the AS350 B3e include the Turbomeca Arriel 2D turboshaft engine with a new-generation digital FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) and an engine data recorder for condition monitoring. The integration of Eurocopterâ€™s dual-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) in the cockpit allows pilots to check primary aircraft and engine parameters in one glance â€“ thus reducing workload and enhancing safety. Eurocopterâ€™s application of composite materials for the helicopterâ€™s airframe, rotors and main rotor head gives the AS350 B3e the best protection against corrosion, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved