Premier Turbines, a BBA Aviation Engine Repair and Overhaul group company, invested heavily during 2011 in a realignment of its Neosho, Missouri M250 repair and overhaul area to facilitate production efficiency and turn time reduction. Improvements touched all aspects of the program including test cell upgrades, additional tooling and shop aids, and a reflow of the production floor layout.
â€œWe invested well over $1 million dollars in tooling, test cell upgrades and facility improvements this past year in order to further enhance our efficiency,â€ according to Hugh McElroy, President of BBA Aviation Engine Repair and Overhaul (ERO). â€œContinuously improving shop operations with new capabilities and technology that our customers and employees feel is essential to delivering excellence on time, every time is the mainstream of our focus.â€
In addition to LEAN operational flow, streamlining the production process has been aided with the introduction of â€œSmart Cartsâ€ specific to each of the modules comprising the numerous models in the M250Â® engine series. Smart carts enable efficient point of use control and immediate access to all parts required to inspect and assemble every engine.
Premier Turbinesâ€™ test cells have been upgraded with servo controlled, high definition video systems capable of interrogating engines safely even while operating at the highest power settings to ensure positive visual integrity.
â€œOur trust in our people continues to be at the forefront of our objectives. We invest in training that spans the wide range of M250 engines and all its model types to enable us to serve all our customers with a broad and deep expertise and to flex to meet all challenges,â€ commented McElroy.
Premier Turbines is an approved Rolls-Royce Authorized Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Center (AMROC) and member of the global FIRST Network. It is one of the leading M250Â® repair centers in the world serving both civil and military operators.
Premier Turbines is exhibiting at Heli-Expo at Booth 8133. Additional information can be found at www.PremierTurbines.com.
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii