From Heli-Expo 2012, American Eurocopter today announced that it reached a corporate milestone with the delivery of its 3,000th aircraft at the end of 2011: an EC130 delivered to Air Methods Corporation, the world’s largest air medical transportation provider.
â€œThis is yet another distinguished milestone in our companyâ€™s history in the United States,â€ said Marc Paganini, American Eurocopterâ€™s President and CEO. â€œThe roots of our company go back over 40 years in the United States, but we have really defined our space in the last 20 years as American Eurocopter. Throughout our history, Air Methods has been a valued customer and a leader in the industry.â€
Air Methods is the largest air medical provider in the world. The company has an extensive fleet of rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Its current helicopter fleet consists of over 400 aircraft and more than 336 of those are from American Eurocopter.
â€œWe have a long relationship with American Eurocopter based on its industry-leading helicopters and support,â€ said Aaron Todd, Air Methods Corporationâ€™s CEO. â€œIt is important that our aircraft provide us with the performance and reliability to perform our missions and that we receive the service and support needed to keep our aircraft in the air. We congratulate American Eurocopter on this milestoneâ€
â€œOver the years we have really watched each other grow,â€ continued Paganini. â€œTheir continued selection of American Eurocopter shows their confidence in our company, our support and our Eurocopter helicopters.â€
The EC130 that was delivered is being completed with a state-of-the-art medical interior from United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods. The EC130 provides unique advantages in cabin size, reliability and operational safety features that make it a logical addition to Air Methodsâ€™ single-engine air medical fleet.
Based in Englewood, Co., the company operates 306 bases in 47 states and is the largest provider of air medical transport services for hospitals through its Community- and Hospital-based Air Medical Services Division. Air Methodsâ€™ extensive fleet already includes 336 Eurocopter helicopters, including EC130s, EC135s, EC145s, AS350s, AS365s, BK117s and BO105s.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal