Enstrom Helicopter Corporation signed a contract today for the follow on 28 aircraft contract with their Representative, Aero Facility Co. Ltd., of Japan, at the HAI convention.Â Â This signing, which took place on Feb. 13, 2012 at the Enstrom display, follows a contract awarding the aircraft between the Japanese government and Enstromâ€™s Japanese representative.Â The aircraft are part of an overall 30 helicopter program award for the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force.Â Enstromâ€™s model TH-480B turbine helicopter was chosen in a competitive bid to be the JGSDFâ€™s new primary training helicopter in 2010.
â€œThis contract award affirms the fact that the TH-480B is the right choice of helicopters to train the next generation of JGSDF pilotsâ€, said Jerry Mullins, Enstromâ€™s CEO and President.Â â€œThe fact that the first aircraft delivered went through extensive testing and evaluation,Â and the JGSDF was extremely pleased with the results, is testimony to the product and support structure that has been put into place in Japan.â€
According to Enstromâ€™s Director of Sales and Marketing, Mr. Tracy Biegler, â€œThe 480B is quickly becoming the turbine training helicopter of choice.Â This program, to supply 28 aircraft over the next 3 years, along with the existing contract for 16 aircraft for the Royal Thai Army, provides Enstrom with a healthy production backlog.Â Coupled with our in-country maintenance support, through JAMCO Corporation, and our customer support through Aero Facility, we know that the JGSDF will be provided the highest level of care and attention; further affirming their confidence in the Enstrom team.â€
Enstromâ€™s first turbine helicopter, the TH-28, was originally developed as a training aircraft for the US Army.Â Later it was developed into the commercial variant 480, and subsequently the 480B.Â The TH-480B is the JGSDF designation for the Enstrom 480B light turbine helicopter.
The remaining 28 aircraft will be delivered in lots of 8, 10, and 10 throughout 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Japan by Aero Facility Co. Ltd.Â Â Service support for the JGSDF program is provided by JAMCO Corporation in Japan.Â For more information on Blake & DeJong Ltd., please contact [email protected].Â For more information on Aero Facility, please visit www.aero.co.jp.Â For more information on JAMCO, please visit www.jamco.co.jp.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, a 2+2 four seat training helicopter, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces a specialized variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel. Enstrom can be found on the Internet at www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- 10-Oct-20 N899RT Enstrom 480B Putnam, US-Connecticut
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation