North Flight Data Systems, LLC is pleased to announce they will integrate and certify their Lightweight Aircraft Recording (LARS) system in the Bell Helicopter Textron 407. In cooperation with PHI, Inc. and Rolls-Royce, NORTH FDS will be integrating their voice, video and flight data recording system into the Bell 407 airframe. The system will not only provide detailed internal AHRS data but it will interface with the Rolls-Royce M250-C47B FADEC to provide high fidelity engine information.
Jeff Warner, President of NORTH FDS saidÂ â€As a follow on to our successful integration into PHIâ€™s EC135 fleet we are fortunate to have the leadership vision of PHI to pursue installation of the same sophisticated tools in an affordable package on the BH407 platform.
Paul Campbell, Vice President, Rolls-Royce Helicopters, said, â€œRolls-Royce is pleased to be part of this effort to incorporate key engine data into the new LARS System. The new system will aid operators and maintainers, helping them to meet their daily missions. The Rolls-Royce M250 engine has incorporated countless technological advances over the years as it demonstrated reliability and performance with over 215 Million flight hours.â€
Through PHIâ€™s Flight Data Monitoring system, known as LAMP (Line Activity Monitoring Program), important statistics obtained in lighter helicopters in the Air Medical program have greatly increased, enhancing the acquisition of essential flight data.Â â€œThe ultimate goal of our LAMP program is to prevent incidents and accidents from occurring,â€ explained Lance Bospflug, President of PHI. â€œThis breakthrough program allows our safety experts to understand and observe crucial statistics and data, which were previously unattainable, from activity during our transports. This continues our commitment to remain on the cutting edge of identifying and implementing the newest, most advanced technologies.
This announcement was made today on the Rolls-Royce Booth #9040 at the Heli-Expo 2012.
About NORTH Flight Data Systems – Headquartered in Arlington, Texas, NORTH Flight Data Systems, LLC is a world class technology company dedicated to the design, manufacture, and distribution of the most advanced safety product line and services in the general aviation industry.Â Â NORTH FDS provides the most comprehensive LARS technology and a suite of software for the fixed and rotor wing community.
About PHI, Inc. â€“ PHI, based in Lafayette, LA, is a world leader in the helicopter services and transportation industry. PHI is known industry-wide for its pursuit of safe, reliable helicopter transportation.Â PHI provides services to the offshore Oil and Gas, onshore mining, International and Air Medical industries across the United States and internationally.
About Rolls-Royce — Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, and has established a strong position in global markets – civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy. Rolls-Royce employs over 39,000 people in over 50 countries.
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol unveils new Bell 407s
- Bell first manufacturer to certify HUMS in light single-engine
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for B407
- 31-Jan-19 N407P Bell 407 Church Hill, US-Tennessee
- 29-Jan-19 N191SF Bell 407 Zaleski, US-Ohio (3F)
- New Bell 407 for Apollo MedFlight
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV