Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.â€™s S-92Â® â€œLegacy of Heroesâ€ (LOH) demonstration helicopter will be shown on static display at the Singapore Air Show beginning Feb. 14. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX)
The tourâ€™s stop in Singapore follows a series of successful visits in Malaysia where customers and community residents welcomed the aircraft and celebrated the exemplary and heroic actions of those who fly and maintain Sikorsky products around the world. Among the highlights of the tour to date were the LOH static display at the Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) air show and the presentation of approximately 70 rescue awards to members of the Royal Malaysia Air Force.
The tour commenced in the United States in September and has visited Malaysia and Brunei. From Singapore, it will travel to Thailand before heading to India for an extended visit to several cities there. A six-member crew is conducting cockpit briefings to showcase the multi-mission capability of the aircraft, and participating in first responder recognition ceremonies to provide community support along the way.
â€œThe Legacy of Heroes tour has been logging an exciting journey for Sikorsky Aircraft since the tour launched. With each stop, visitors to the helicopter have had a chance to step inside, interact with our pilots and crew, and even sign a portion of the aircraft, thus becoming part of an interactive â€˜postcardâ€™ to the world,â€ said Marc Poland, Sikorsky Director of Marketing & Communication.
Sylvia Eddy, Sikorsky Manager of Integrated Marketing, added: â€œThe LOH crew and entire Sikorsky workforce is proud to stand behind this aircraft as its flying ambassador to the world. It reinforces our company mission statement, â€˜We bring people home everywhere, every time,â€™ because weâ€™ve built a vehicle that saves lives in a way that nothing else can. That message of heroism has resonated.â€
To date, the LOH helicopter has flown 100 hours on the tour, with approximately 60 of those hours spent in Asia. The S-92 aircraft has performed well, without a single unscheduled maintenance stop.
The Legacy of Heroes helicopter was customized by employees at Sikorsky Global Helicoptersâ€™ main facility in Coatesville, Pa., U.S.A. It is a utility-configured S-92 aircraft bearing a unique gray and black paint scheme with a silhouette of first responders depicted on each side. The aircraft is fitted with side-facing seats, a triple-litter kit, cargo hook, Search-and-Rescue Automatic Flight Control System, and night sun capabilities.
The S-92Legacy of Heroes helicopter will be located in the Legacy of Heroes static display area of the Singapore Air Show. Interested media should contact Marianne Heffernan at +1 203-583-9760. There will be a limited supply of Legacy of Heroes promotional items for visitors to the aircraft.
The company has created a microsite on the Internet to provide regular updates on the tourâ€™s activities. It can be accessed at www.SikorskyLegacy.com.
S-92 helicopters perform search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for VIPs including Heads of State, offshore oil and gas crews, utility and airline passengers. The worldwide fleet of 151 S-92 helicopters has accumulated more than 370,000 flight hours since deliveries began in 2004. The S-92 helicopter was certified to FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47. The S-92 helicopter remains
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program