Composite Technology, Inc. (CTI), a Sikorsky Aerospace Services company, today announced new capabilities to support Sikorskyâ€™s S-76Â® and S-92Â® helicopter rotor blade repair and maintenance through its venture in Singapore:Â Composite Technology International Pte. Ltd (CTIS). CTIS is a venture among CTI, Eurocopter South East Asia and Singapore Technologies Aerospace Engineering. The facility will offer main and tail rotor blade maintenance and repair services for Sikorsky operators in the Asia-Pacific region. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
“This capability for CTIS adds to our comprehensive portfolio of OEM blade repair and we are very pleased to provide regional support to Sikorskyâ€™s commercial platform,â€ said Bob Ellithorpe, president of CTI. â€œWe are committed to our global customers, and by enhancing our international services, we expand our strategic initiatives to better service CTIâ€™s customer base.â€
CTIS will perform rotor blade repair services for the S-76 and S-92 helicopter platforms, offering main and tail rotor blade maintenance and repair services for Sikorsky operators in the Asia Pacific region. Standard blade services include visual inspection, disassembly of the blade, X-Ray or ultrasonic inspection, structural repairs as well as painting and static balance.
â€œThe addition of Sikorsky helicopter rotor blade repair capabilities broadens CTISâ€™ range of helicopter aftermarket services for the Asia Pacific region, â€œ said Phua Poey Chor, General Manager of CTIS. â€œSikorsky helicopter operators in the region can now benefit from this convenience and receive greater value from our comprehensive suite of services.â€
Composite Technology Inc. provides main and tail rotor blade repairs and is an OEM approved Service Center in four locations around the world (U.S., U.K., Brazil, and Singapore).Â CTI is the only rotor blade repair shop to hold Service Center approvals from all major rotary wing OEMâ€™s: AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter, Eurocopter, MD Helicopters, and Sikorsky.Â Composite Technology, Inc. is a unit of Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky Aircraft company.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program