Lakeshore Helicopters Limited has finalized its purchase of one AS350 B3e helicopter from Eurocopter Canada Limited (ECL). This will be the fourth Eurocopter aircraft to join Lakeshore Helicoptersâ€™ fleet, including one AS350 B2 and two AS350 B3 aircraft.
â€œThe AS350 B3e demonstrates a lot of potential in regards to extra power and lifting capacity,â€ said Don Cleveland, Chief Pilot and Operations Manager, Lakeshore Helicopters Limited. â€œThis new aircraft will be a real asset to our current operation and the reduced operating costs will be an added bonus. Overall, we are very excited and looking forward to the new AS350 B3e.â€
Lakeshore Helicopters will use the AS350 B3e for its primary operations in oil and gas, pipeline maintenance, forestry and drill moves.Â To provide clients with enhanced comfort and accessibility, the aircraft will be equipped with a Left Hand Sliding Door. The AS350 B3e will also provide an added safety feature with the inclusion of an Avidyne TAS620.
â€œThe AS350 B3e is a natural fit for Lakeshore Helicoptersâ€™ mission requirements,â€ said Guy Joannes, President and CEO, ECL. â€œWe are pleased that Lakeshore Helicopters continues to demonstrate support for Eurocopter aircraft as they commit to servicing their customers through a strengthened fleet.â€
As leader in its class, the AS350 B3e is an enhanced version of Eurocopterâ€™s single-engine AS350 B3. The aircraft is designed with exceptional lifting capability, high endurance, extended range, fast cruise speed and is capable of carrying out the most demanding missions in extreme weather and geographical conditions. Eurocopterâ€™s application of composite materials for the helicopterâ€™s airframe, rotors and main rotor head gives the AS350 B3e the best protection against corrosion, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
Features of the AS350 B3e include the Turbomeca Arriel 2D turboshaft engine with a new-generation digital FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) and an engine data recorder for condition monitoring. The integration of Eurocopterâ€™s dual-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) in the cockpit allows pilots to check primary aircraft and engine parameters in one glance â€“ thus reducing workload and enhancing safety. Additional ECL Options found on the aircraft include: R/H Cargo Mirror, Longlining Enlarged Floor Window, Settling Protectors, Litter Kit and Cowling Maintenance Steps.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU