Germanyâ€™s DRF Luftrettung today signed a power-by-the-hour service agreement with Eurocopter, ensuring optimized technical support with fixed maintenance costs and minimized downtime for this air rescue organizationâ€™s large helicopter fleet.
DRF Luftrettung currently operates 45 Eurocopter helicopters for emergency medical services, composed of the EC145, EC135 and BK117 versions. In 2011, the company agreed to purchase 25 enhanced EC145 T2s, which will provide a new-generation successor for its BK117s.
â€œWe signed this agreement to ensure optimal technical support and rapid response time for our fleet of rescue helicopters,â€ said Steffen Lutz, CEO of DRF Luftrettung.
The power-by-the-hour service agreement signed today at the Heli-Expo 2012 exhibition covers a 10-year period and represents a business volume of approximately 80 million euros.
â€œEnsuring the best customer service is a top priority at Eurocopter, and we will ensure all of our resources are available in fulfilling the new power-by-the-hour agreement with DRF Luftrettung,â€ said Wolfgang Schoder, Eurocopter Executive Vice President Programs.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana