Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. has delivered two offshore utility helicopters to China Southern Airlinesâ€™ Zhuhai Helicopter Branch company, with a third delivery to occur next week, to support the offshore oil operations in the South China Sea by Zhuhaiâ€™s customers. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Zhuhai Helicopter Branch is among the major helicopter operators supporting offshore oil operations and other market segments in China. Since 1984, the company has used Sikorsky helicopters to transport oil workers for such companies as China National Offshore Oil Corp., Chevron, and ExxonMobil.
The delivery of the new aircraft brings the total of Sikorsky helicopters in the Zhuhai Helicopter Branch fleet to 16 aircraft: 13 S-76Â® and three S-92Â® helicopters. Zhuhai Helicopter Branch operates the largest S-76 helicopter fleet in China and Asia, and was the first operator in China to purchase a commercial helicopter from Sikorsky.
â€œSikorsky Aircraft is proud to see the rapid growth of Zhuhai, and to have such a loyal customer operating an exclusive Sikorsky fleet for so many years. The mutual trust and support that our two companies have developed have contributed to a better understanding in the region of Sikorsky products as well as the training and maintenance capabilities we offer,â€ said Shane Eddy, Vice President, Global Supply Chain. â€œTogether, our joint efforts are on a path to contribute in a significant way to the future development of the South Sea China offshore oil industry, and Sikorsky is proud to play a role in that potential success.â€
Zhuhai took delivery of its new helicopters in September and December.Â The aircraft have been put into service and are operating out of the Guangdong province in China.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., U.S.A., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., U.S.A., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast