The Southern Vietnam Helicopter Corporation of Vietnam (VNH South) signed a contract today with Eurocopter South East Asia for its fourth EC225 heavy helicopter. This acquisition follows closely on its last purchase of the same aircraft type six months ago, as it continues to expand its fleet for offshore oil and gas operations.
On the occasion of the Singapore Airshow 2012, representatives from Southern Vietnam Helicopter Corporation (previously Southern Service Flight Company) put pen to paper to acquire a Eurocopter EC225 â€“ its fourth EC225 purchase in four years â€“ for its fast-expanding oil and gas business.
â€œWe signed for an EC225 in August last year, and there was never any doubt that the option for another will be exercised,â€ said Captain Vi Cong Dung, Director of VNH South. â€œWe have been using Super Puma helicopters for a long time now and have full confidence in its capability and performance to carry out the demanding offshore missions required of them.â€
With this addition of the fourth EC225, VNH South will have a total of 10 rotary-wing aircraft from Eurocopter, comprising four EC225 and four AS332 L2 Super Pumas, and two EC155 Dauphin family helicopters.
â€œWe are grateful to VNH South for their continued support and belief in our products,â€ said Dr. Bernhard Brenner, Eurocopter South East Asia President. â€œWe have signalled our commitment to Vietnam many years ago and have spared no resources in providing our utmost service to our customers. Through this unwavering dedication, we have built up and strengthened our relationships with many major customers like VNH, whose confidence in us will spur us to continue contributing to the development of this market.â€
The EC225 is a high-performance heavy twin-engine helicopter in the 10-11 metric ton category. It seats up to 19 passengers, with the latest technologies that make it a leader in the field of flight safety. The EC225 is recognized as the reference for offshore and passenger transport missions, as well as search and rescue (SAR) operations.
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet