The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)Â and the Helicopter Association International (HAI) have renewed an agreement that assures the return of the popular Heli-Center on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh flightline in 2012 and includes other support for this yearâ€™s 60th annual EAA fly-in gathering, which will take place July 23-29.
EAA President/CEO Rod Hightower and HAI President Matt Zuccaro signed the agreement Feb. 13 during HELI-EXPO in Dallas, Texas. HAI will again bring its two-story Heli-Center, which showcases innovations in rotorcraft, to Oshkosh. It will also sponsor one of AirVentureâ€™s Forums Plaza buildings within the area where tens of thousands of AirVenture visitors learn more about all facets of aviation during more than 500 forums, seminars and workshops.
â€œWhen it debuted in 2011, HAIâ€™s Heli-Center instantly became a prime destination on the AirVenture grounds,â€ Hightower said. â€œHAIâ€™s presence at AirVenture widened the representation of the rotorcraft community at Oshkosh and allowed our guests to discover more about this important segment of general aviation.â€
The Heli-Center was a hub of activity during EAA AirVenture 2011 and prompted HAI to plan for even more extensive programming and exhibits this year.
â€œIf youâ€™re involved in aviation, you have to be at Oshkosh,â€ Zuccaro said. â€œHAI received a warm welcome and overwhelming positive feedback in out inaugural effort in 2011 that it motivated us to make things even better in 2012. Weâ€™re proud to be part of AirVenture, which is truly The Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration.â€
Along with the return of the Heli-Center, HAIâ€™s participation in AirVentureâ€™s Forums Plaza will include seminars specific devoted to rotorcraft safety and operations.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebrationâ€ and EAAâ€™s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available atÂ www.airventure.org. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™