The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)Â and the Helicopter Association International (HAI) have renewed an agreement that assures the return of the popular Heli-Center on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh flightline in 2012 and includes other support for this yearâ€™s 60th annual EAA fly-in gathering, which will take place July 23-29.
EAA President/CEO Rod Hightower and HAI President Matt Zuccaro signed the agreement Feb. 13 during HELI-EXPO in Dallas, Texas. HAI will again bring its two-story Heli-Center, which showcases innovations in rotorcraft, to Oshkosh. It will also sponsor one of AirVentureâ€™s Forums Plaza buildings within the area where tens of thousands of AirVenture visitors learn more about all facets of aviation during more than 500 forums, seminars and workshops.
â€œWhen it debuted in 2011, HAIâ€™s Heli-Center instantly became a prime destination on the AirVenture grounds,â€ Hightower said. â€œHAIâ€™s presence at AirVenture widened the representation of the rotorcraft community at Oshkosh and allowed our guests to discover more about this important segment of general aviation.â€
The Heli-Center was a hub of activity during EAA AirVenture 2011 and prompted HAI to plan for even more extensive programming and exhibits this year.
â€œIf youâ€™re involved in aviation, you have to be at Oshkosh,â€ Zuccaro said. â€œHAI received a warm welcome and overwhelming positive feedback in out inaugural effort in 2011 that it motivated us to make things even better in 2012. Weâ€™re proud to be part of AirVenture, which is truly The Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration.â€
Along with the return of the Heli-Center, HAIâ€™s participation in AirVentureâ€™s Forums Plaza will include seminars specific devoted to rotorcraft safety and operations.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebrationâ€ and EAAâ€™s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available atÂ www.airventure.org. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team