AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau has signed a contract for two AW139 medium twin helicopters. These aircraft, which add to one AW109 Power and two CA109 Power light twins already in service with this customer, will be used to perform law enforcement, fire fighting and air rescue operations in and around Beijing.
This latest contract further reinforces AgustaWestlandâ€™s presence in the Chinese law enforcement market where the company is the leader with over 70% market share, having achieved sales success with the AW119Ke single engine helicopter and the AW109 Power and AW139 twin engine models to perform a range of roles including fire fighting, rescue and disaster relief. Law enforcement operators in China which have chosen AgustaWestland helicopters include Shenzhen, Beijing, Nanning, Zhengzhou, Dalian and Zhejiang Public Security Bureaus in addition to the Guangxi Province. The Public Security Bureau of Ordos, in Chinaâ€™s Inner Mongolia, will deploy two GrandNew twin-engine helicopters to perform fire fighting, rescue, observation, transport and civil protection duties.
AgustaWestlandâ€™s has achieved growing success in Chinaâ€™s commercial helicopter market in recent years with orders now totalling over 40 units of various types for a number of applications including law enforcement, disaster relief, fire fighting, harbour pilot shuttle, water pollution monitoring, VIP, utility and passenger transport.
Almost 170 customers from over 50 countries have ordered nearly 620 AW139 helicopters making it the best selling helicopter in the medium twin category worldwide. Over 450 aircraft are now in service.
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter