Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has expanded into British Columbia with the purchase of its newest subsidiary Northern Air Support (NAS) pending approvals from the regulatory authorities. NAS is a profitable, safety-oriented helicopter charter company that has been serving its mining, forestry and oil and gas seismic clients in WesternÂ CanadaÂ for almost 20 years, from its two bases, in Kelowna, B.C., andÂ Rocky MountainÂ House, Alta.
The current management team at NAS will continue providing the excellent service they are known for and the company will continue to operate independently under the name Northern Air Support.
Northern Air Support has an adaptable fleet of helicopters to deliver a variety of safe and efficient services to meet particular program requirements – from the versatile five-passenger Eurocopter AS 350B2, to the powerful, new generation, six-passenger Bell 407.
“We are very excited about being a part of the Discovery Air team,” stated Mark McGowan, President of NAS. “The opportunity to be part of a larger organization with a more diverse fleet mix, combined with their international operations, will be very beneficial to NAS.”
“We have been looking for a partner in the B.C. market for some time, and are very pleased to have come to an agreement with NAS,” saidÂ Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. “Their team is excellent and their operations are very highly-regarded in the industry – we are really looking forward to working with them.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 150 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $19M Contract for MV-22 and CV-22 Kits
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ Helicopter Achieves First Flight
- Keystone Turbine Services Earns Two Rolls-Royce M250 Awards
- FlightSafety to add Advanced Energy Management – Rotorcraft course
- HealthNet EC145e to serve West Virginia
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Sikorsky Recognizes County Of County of Los Angeles Fire Department
- CHC and Aberdeen University to embark on research partnership
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M